Module BW Social Share for Joomla 3.x
- Name: BW Social Share [mod_bw_social_share]
- Current Version: 1.5.0
- Date: 2019-11-20
- Compatibility: Joomla 3
BW Social Share is an easy to setup and customize social share buttons Joomla Module - ready to use in responsive layouts. It uses the "Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons" jQuery library by Kurt Noble http://kurtnoble.com/labs/rrssb/ (MIT Licensce). Thanks to Kurt Noble!
With this extension you'll get the following benefits:
- Awesome looking Social Buttons
- Ready for Responsive Layout
- Easy to setup
- Numerous Social Share Services supported (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, and many more)
- Even Buttons for print, Whatsapp and Email
- Each Social Service is optional
- Configurable Buttons
- Configurable Social data, like title, description, image, author and path
- If no Social data provided, it grabs it from Meta title, Meta description (for details see below).
- Optional: Adds Google Universal Tracking Coder like this: onClick="ga('send', 'event', 'socialshare', 'click', 'facebook');"
- Add Social Share buttons to a single page - with individual settings
- Assign Social Share buttons to a group of pages - with same settings for all pages - or let the module automatically grab the meta title and meta description of an individual page.
BW Social Share module - includes the "Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons" jQuery extension by Kurt Noble
- Joomla 3.9; should work as well with all Joomla 3.x versions
- jQuery enabled
- v1.5.0: Added Telegram support
- v1.4.5: Bugfix WhatsApp URL
- v1.4.4: Optimized Buttons on screens with width smaller 460px
- v1.4.3: Bugfix WhatsApp URL
- v1.4.2: Bugfix on resizing small icons
- v1.4.0: Added XING support
- v1.3.1: Added Youtube URL
- v1.2.0: Added another button style: Optionally show large buttons with icons and text, even on smaller screens
- v1.1.0: Optionally show small buttons with icons but without text, even on larger screens
Tab Social Content
- Title: headline, call to action or subject of the post; if empty the META title is used
- Description: some text describing what's about; if empty the META description is used
- Author: authors name; if empty the domain name is used
- Image: Url to the image, needed for Facebook
- Path: URL to the page; if empty the current page URI is used.
- Box Title: Text above the social buttons; It can be used for a call to action to socialize. RAW data is allowed.
- Google Universal Analytics Event Tracking: optinally adds an onClick="ga('send', 'event', 'socialshare', 'click', 'pinterest');" to each button
- Button Style: "Default:" buttons shrink on small screens.
"Just small": shows buttons with just the icons - and without text.
"Just large": allways show large buttons with icons and text - just two in a row
- Debug Mode: optinally prints out the data sendet to the Social Web Services and module settings
Tab Social Services
Currently the following Social Web Services are included. You may configure the Button text (but not the social icon).
- Youtube *
- Tumblr *
- Reddit *
- vk *
- Hackernews *
- Pocket *
Tip 1: Install Shack Open Graph to get best results with Social Share.
Tip 2: Assign BW Social Share buttons to just about anything you want by using i. e. RegularLabs Advanced Module Manager extension for this.
Tip 3: If you are using Seblod, check this article on how to add Open Graph Metadata on Seblod content types. Consider to implement the hidden feature mentioned above.
Tip 4: Use the following testing tools, to discover errors on your meta data for social shareing.
- Debug Facebook: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
- Twitter Card Validator: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/validation/validator
- Google Structured Data Testing Tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
- Pinterest Rich Snippet Validator: http://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/validator/
GNU general public license
Please, support this extension and review on Joomla Extension Directory JED!